Friday, March 22, 2013

Now this is the story all about how My life got flipped, turned upside down

Let us start from the beginning...the short version
So my younger brother had this 99 OBS murdered out and it died with a broken valve in the driveway he got a new car. I started looking for engines like any other insane car nut would do then i found this post.

My Impreza Outback Sport bought new in 1997 is ready to meet her maker. She's been a great car and has done around 118,000.

The car is salvaged as it was hit while parked and I was nowhere near it. But it's given me a good four years-plus since then.

I'm in Los Angeles (i live in San Diego,99 miles away) so if you're interested in any of the following, please email me at xxxx@hotmail.com 

I am listing mostly interior items as any engine-related items are outside my auto knowledge. But anyone who wants a look at it is welcome to stop by as there may be other usable parts:

Interior
* Rear seat inc. seat belts. Will sell separately;
* Two front bucket seats
* Steering wheel
* Air bag (never deployed)
* Dashboard
* Four door panels;
* Four door handles;
* Retractable trunk cover;
* Handbrake;
* Four windows (do people even sell windows?) and other sundry parts you may be able to take off it;

Exterior
* Two automatic side mirrors;
* Roof rack;
* Gas cap cover;
* Headlights/covers

Again, other parts may be usable. You'd need to take a look at it.

Oh, I also have a Clarion 5-CD changer plus AM/FM radio and cassette player for all those cassettes you still haven't transferred to MP3s.

Again, email me at xxxx@hotmail.com if you're interested. The car is parked near Highland and Wilshire.

I have photos.

Thank you.



At this point i was still thinking yeah i can swap a 97 ej22 phase 1 into a 99 obs that had a phase 2 no big deal...right? so i emailed the lady and started talking about buying it from her...

well i waited one month, 2 months then this guy drove by and saw the shell of the 99 OBS sitting in the driveway. We came to a agreement and starting ripping parts of it, because at that point i thought, well what ever guess i won't do the swap.

Then i got a email she wanted to sell me the car for parts. and what did i do?

Your right I bought it and had AAA tow it 99 miles ( i pay for 100 mile tow service)

so then i had 2 cars sitting in the driveway the 99 on blocks and the 97 that smokes after you drive it around the block, and has bad CV's needed a little TLC.

here are some engine pic's
BEFORE CLEANING:


No comments:

Post a Comment